Welcome to Falcon, the Harper Lab Informatics Server.
For "Guest" users, please click on the CORE icon to Enter CORE and proceed onto CompPASS.
Click here to see other Informatics Tools.
Below you will see an icon for CORE, the Gygi Lab Proteomics Software Platform. Clicking on this icon will take you to the main CORE login page.
You will also notice that there is no longer a Quick CompPASS link. CompPASS is now integrated into CORE and should be used therein. CompPASS is found in the CORE Modules area.
Click here to learn about the new features in the updated Core!.
CORE was updated on March 14, 2011 and has some new features that are worth mentioning here.
The new features include:
- Octo-Sequest: This is a faster version of Sequest but is launched in the same manner as the previous version, also all params files for it are the same.
- mxLoader: This is a much faster version of the previous mzXML Loader. It is found on the Manage Data page under mzXML Loader. Please follow the directions for using mzLoader as they are different that for the old mzXML Loader.
- Bulk Loader: This new feature will allow you to schedule all phases of mass spec data processing, from ReadW to LDA, all at once. This means no more waiting for one thing to finish before queueing up the next part. It is a powerful, yet dangerous, tool since errors in your queue will occur for all runs selected. Please, read the instructions carefully before using it and ask a CORE administrator if something (anything) is unclear.
- CORE-QUANT: This is a complete analysis suite for handling quantitative proteomic data including SILAC, TMT, and iTRAQ. To use CORE-QUANT, please contact a CORE administrator for a tutorial (a written one should be on the way soon).
- Protein Coverage: Now, when you click on the IPI number of the protein in the data viewer, you will quickly see the full protein sequence, where the peptides map onto it, and also the percent coverage, etc.
- A-Score: The A-Score will assign confidence scores to phosphorylation site localization on peptides. Again, please contact an administrator before using it for the first time.
- Others...: There are going to be numerous other new features you may spot, but please ask before clicking on something you have never used before. This will help prevent errors and needless problems for CORE admins to resolve.